This forum software has now been archived into static HTML page (i.e. it does not function as a working forum anymore, so you cannot login.)

In due course a new forum will be available to help support newer CamStudio versions.

Sorry for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience.

Cannot record audio

edited March 2012 in Support
Hi Guys,
I'm trying to record audio with a build-in microphone on my headphones, but the recording comes out without the audio. I tryied to record audio from the regular stereo mixer but that didn'w work as well.
I tryied to change the Camstudio audio setting, but with no success.
Any hekp, please?

Comments

• First, make absolutely certain that the "Record Audio From Microphone" item is checked under Options. Then make sure you have the settings in "Audio Options / Audio Options for Microphone" setup to see your soundcard.
  • On XP you can click the drop-down to select among devices, and the volume button to set the level.
  • On Vista and Win7 you set it from the audio control panel in Windows by selecting the default recording input device.
  • Hi Terry,
    I already made sure that the audio input are on the mic, but stiil it doesn't work...
  • edited March 2012
    Which operating system?

A video tour of your settings would be cool - I wouldn't even mind if you did it using http://screenr.com :-)

But something simple is amiss here - maybe I'll spot it as you lead me through a settings tour. Show the audio settings in CamStudio as well as your system playback and recording settings if you can.

Terry