This forum software has now been archived into static HTML page (i.e. it does not function as a working forum anymore, so you cannot login.)

In due course a new forum will be available to help support newer CamStudio versions.

Sorry for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience.

Audio and video not synchronized in a 30' recording

edited October 2012 in Support
Hi there,

I have recorded a screencast that lasts some 30 minutes capturing the desktop view and my voice through a USB microphone. I describe the actions that I do with keyboard and mouse. I played it afterwards and after 5 or 10 minutes one realizes what I am describing hasn't appeared yet on the screen, so it's impossible to follow.

I have used the default settings.

I have started looking for other tools, but perhaps there's something that can be done to fine tune CamStudio and make it work properly. I would be grateful for any ideas.

Thanks a lot.

Cheers, Manuel

Comments

• Do not use the default settings - check "Use MCI to record" for the audio, and be certain that the "Capture Frames Every" setting multiplied times the "Playback Rate" setting sum to 1000.

Terry
  • Thank you very much, Terry. I could find the "Use MCI recording" in the Audio options, and checked it. I could also find the capture frame and playback rate settings, and I have 5 and 200, so it's fine. I'll run a new test and post here the results.

I also so the option Andio and video synchronization under Audio options, which I hadn't seen earlier. It's set to "Do not shift the audio or video streams". Do I need to touch anything here?

Thank you very much!!
    Cheers, Manuel
  • edited October 2012
    With the settings you've done already, you should not need to touch the shifting tool.

Let me know how it works out - and perhaps bookmark and follow the speed optimization thread as well if doing game recordings.

http://camstudio.org/forum/discussion/1110/actual-input-rate-very-low
    Terry