This forum software has now been archived into static HTML page (i.e. it does not function as a working forum anymore, so you cannot login.)

In due course a new forum will be available to help support newer CamStudio versions.

Sorry for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience.

Sound quality bad

edited December 2012 in Support
Have you had this problem, and if so, how did you solve it?
Trying to record AdobeConnect Class. Sound quality is poor, comes out distorted only for this type of recording. I can record very clear audio (and video) of Youtube for eg. Also, a very small recording seems clear.
(For comparison I tried Camtasia 8 and I have the same problem)
Settings are Win7, CamStudio v2.6 build r294
Audio: Stereo Mix (C-Media PCI audio; 22KHz, 16 bit, Stereo, also tried 44KHz, 16 Bit, Stereo
Interleave every 100msec, Use MCI recording checked.
Video: Xvid MPEG-4 Codec, Quality 100, Auto Adjust Framerate.

Any ideas. I'm out of fresh ideas.

Thanks,
Richard

Comments

• Could the level for your either your speakers output or Stereo Mix input settings be too high?

Stereo Mix gets its signal from the speakers output, so there is some gain staging you have to watch for. For me, it usually is that the speaker level is too high and is overloading the inputs for Stereo Mix. I have to keep the speaker level at around 30 or it overloads.

Terry
  • Hello Terry,

Thanks for your quick response. I tried varying all level settings I could find, both for output (speakers) and StereoMix input. I tested this up the yin-yang! No effect on the distortion. The weird thing is I have no problem recording an excellent quality video of youtube, for example, this video: 03a - Best Settings for CamStudio to Sync Audio and Video, of yours, comes out perfect. So, I don't think it's the settings. Possibly something to do with AdobeConnect, maybe?

Thanks for your input.

Cheers
    Richard
  • rgarvis,

Did you try un-checking "Use MCI to record"? Then use 16-bit 44.1MHz PCM (which usually is the equivalent, but perhaps not in this case...)

Terry
  • rgarvis,

Also, just thinking of GoToWebinar, which I am more familiar with, GTW has its own audio settings panel. AdobeConnect, if it has a similar separate audio settings control panel, may not be pointing to the speakers or something else may be oddly set in there.

Terry