This forum software has now been archived into static HTML page (i.e. it does not function as a working forum anymore, so you cannot login.)

In due course a new forum will be available to help support newer CamStudio versions.

Sorry for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience.

Today (unlike yesterday) my recording come out black screen. V2.72 r326

edited November 2013 in Support
***FINAL EDIT, I some how got this working again, I dont know how, So no need for anyone to find a slolution.

Hi,

Yesterday, I was recording Fixed areas of screen and playing them back successfully.
I switched this to recording a whole window (1 monitor,I have 2). again successfully

Today , Ive switched switched back to fixed area, now It just records a black/blank screen,
When I playback, i can hear sound, (me eating or mouse clicking) but the screen, like I said is black/blank.

I'm trying to work out what Ive done to end up in this situation. I'm trying all the compression alternatives and dont seem to be getting anywhere .

If someone can shed some light on what I'm overlooking it could save me some time, which i have got plenty of. ;)

(edit) Ive gone back to V2.6 r294, which worked once, then the 2nd recording, Back to blank..

Comments

• It is odd, but certain width and height combinations produce black screen videos (though often these WILL play in VLC, but other players show them as black).

I always check the numbers to make certain they are even numbers, at least, and do a quick test if it is any size other than the standards like 1280x720, etc. Certain sizes, whether even-numbers or not though, just don't seem to work!

On the subject of fixed region settings, one place I often mess myself up is leaving a top-left setting in place from a previous recording, and then trying to capture the full width of the screen later on. It re-adjusts the region to compensate for the top-left setting, of course, but sometimes the settings it goes to do not work. Always irksome! :-)

Terry