This forum software has now been archived into static HTML page (i.e. it does not function as a working forum anymore, so you cannot login.)

In due course a new forum will be available to help support newer CamStudio versions.

Sorry for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience.

CamStudio over LAN

edited July 2008 in General Discussion
Is it possible to install CamStudio on a PC on a LAN and capture video of displays driven by other PCs on the LAN? Actually, the 2 displays I want to capture are on 1 PC with VMWare running Windows and Linux. The Windows display is more important if I have to make a choice. I'm doing sw development with another company and it's easier to show them a movie of everything that is happening rather than put together a picture from the various log files. The VMWare PC is exclusively running their sw and I don't want to install CamStudio on that CPU to avoid any excuses about CPU overload when problems show up. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

thanks,

Floyd

Comments

• It turns out that VMWare has a built-in screen capture and movie feature so my problem was solved right from the beginning.
  • Hey Floyd

That's useful info, thanks for letting us know.

Cheers

Nick :o)