This forum software has now been archived into static HTML page (i.e. it does not function as a working forum anymore, so you cannot login.)

In due course a new forum will be available to help support newer CamStudio versions.

Sorry for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience.

Camstudio crashes as soon as I start

2»

Comments

• Well still have no idea what the problem is with camstudio but I downloaded Hypercam and it works fine with all codecs.
  • I wonder if it had to do with the temp file location being used or the file-save location? The default is to use the program files folder. In Options/Program Options/Directory for Recording you can set the directory for the temp files to go in (highly recommended that you make a folder in your videos folder for "CamStudio Temp Files"). Similarly, in Options/Program Options/Name of AVI File, setting that to "Ask for filename" allows you to save the video to a selected folder (Perhaps a CamStudio Videos folder).

I'm glad Hypercam is working well for you, VaHam. It is a good program and has been for several years.

Terry
  • Thanks Terry I had tried all three options for temp files and both ask and auto chocies for saves but none worked. I am pretty sure it must be some file permission dependency but for the life of me I can find it!