This forum software has now been archived into static HTML page (i.e. it does not function as a working forum anymore, so you cannot login.)

In due course a new forum will be available to help support newer CamStudio versions.

Sorry for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience.

Problem to find camstudio video and move them in another folder

I use camstudio for some years but i have some problem to find some videos.

When i save a video in the CamStudio Folder, i only can find this video with the camstudio player.. i can't move it in another folder. when I search the video with windows explorer I do not see it in the CamStudio folder.

I don't know how i can do to move this video.

i hope you can help me to move this video and save it in an external hard drive.

Comments

• edited July 2013
    That is indeed odd. Why can the CamStudio player see it but not windows, I wonder?

Could it have become a hidden file somehow?

Either way - use Options/Program Options/Name of AVI file/Ask for Filename so you can place your future finished recordings wherever you like. (The "Directory for recording" option is for the location of the temp folder - I'd put that in your My Videos folder with a name designating it as "CamStudio Temp Files" or similar.

See this video for how and why I set up a "Failsafe" folder inside the temp folder I create.

Now, a search for *.avi including program and system folders might show this lost file's location - do you recall what it was named? Was it named for the timestamp? (A bunch of numbers designating the date and time it was recorded...)

Terry